Learn how to update your license server to the latest version and what steps you need to follow. With the upcoming release of GEONIS 2017 Service Pack 2, a newer FlexNet version for the license server will also be delivered. For this reason, an upgrade to the existing version of GEONIS 2017 Service Pack 2 will be mandatory for all products in the 2017 Service Pack 2 version series in order to continue to be able to license GEONIS products.
Important information: The Geocom License Server 2017 Service Pack 2 is downward compatible, i.e. GEONIS products 5.2 and higher are supported.
To make the update process as easy as possible, we have summarized the most important steps for you once again. These are as follows:
- Be sure to save your existing configuration file with the name “dummylicense.lic”. This is usually located under the following path: C:\ProgramData\Geocom\FlexNet License Server\dummylicense.lic
- Additionally open the program “Geocom License Administrator” and note the currently registered license server (e.g. email@example.com).
If option file configurations are available, this file must also be saved. You can see whether you have defined an option file configuration in the file “dummylicense.lic” in the second line (e.g.: VENDOR GEOCOM PORT=27003 OPTIONS=”C:\ProgramData\GEOCOM\FlexNet License Server\GEOCOM.opt”).
- Uninstall your existing Geocom license server regularly via Programs and Features (Control Panel\All Control Panel Elements\Programs and Features).
- Then restart your system.
Note: The licenses do not have to be returned for the installation.
- Execute the installation file with elevated rights (as administrator) and complete the displayed steps.
- Please stop the following services before configuration: Geocom License Server and all FlexNet Licensing Services.
- Open the backup of your “dummylicense.lic” and copy the first two lines to the current “dummylicense.lic” under C:\ProgramData\Geocom\FlexNet License Server\
- After configuration you have to restart the following services: Geocom License Server and all FlexNet Licensing Services
- Start the “Geocom LicenseServer Administrator” application. Check if your licenses are still listed.
- Finally you can open your GEONIS project.
Further details regarding installation and update of the Geocom license server will be published in our online documentation after the release of the 2017 Service Pack 2 patch.