Using a utility, check for updates to ArcGIS components and set up automatic updates for your ArcGIS Enterprise environment.
To make sure you don’t miss important updates and security patches, you can use the patchnotification utility to check if updates are available for your ArcGIS Enterprise environment.
- Log on to the computer on which ArcGIS Server is hosted.
- Click Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Server > Check for ArcGIS Enterprise Updates
- The tool lists all installed and available patches and updates.
- The easiest way to apply one or more patches is to click on the Install Security Patches button to the right of the dialog box, or click Install All Patches to apply the appropriate patches.
Further information and options such as managing the installation files can be found here: www.enterprise.arcgis.com
From ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6+ the tool ArcGIS Enterprise patchnotification has a console option – i.e. it can for instance be started from the command line or added to a batch script and executed by a Windows task scheduler.
The command is as follows:
<ArcGIS Server Installation directory>\tools\patchnotification patchnotification.bat -c -i all
- c : Start in console mode
- i sec: only install security patches
- i all: install all patches
- d: Specify download location
- o always: Deletes the folder where the patches were downloaded after installation